Tuesday 3 July 2012

Whys and Wherefores

So, what's the purpose of this blog? And why am I thinking about Christmas in July? Well, aside from the fact that the weather is making it feel like October, the doyennes of Sherfield English have already started reminding me that the fair needs organising. (This is how it works - I ostensibly organise it, they panic because I do tend to do everything last minute, I manage to do everything last minute and then arrive on the day to find other things have been organised that I don't know about and have to suddenly fit them in!). Whilst I secretly find this method highly amusing (and it often picks up things 've totally missed!), I thought I'd try and thwart it this year by being unexpectedly organised. So far, it's working. But then they do have the August coffee morning to sort out, so perhaps they're just distracted!

I guess in that, I've also summed up the purpose of the blog. Having to update it will mean I keep having to do stuff and get organised. I also hope it might be amusing in places. To you as well as to me! Like any village, Sherfield has its characters and its dramas. It's full of wonderful people who do occasionally random things and make me laugh my head off.

There will be craft bits posted as I make them, which will be open to adulation or ridicule as you see fit, and maybe crafters who don't organise their own fairs might be interested to see how it works from the other side. And maybe this will be the year I go mad in the process. Who wouldn't want to see that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment